Ecstatic Awakening Dance
6th March 2020, 7.30 – 9.30pm, £12
Ecstatic Awakening Dance is a powerful, fun, energising and healing moving meditation, a fusion of music, movement and breath.
Shaking and awakening our inner fire, dancing like nobody is watching we move beyond the chatter of the thinking mind and into our bodies. Breaking the spell of separation, as resistance and tensions are released, we come home to our true authentic, radiant, ecstatic selves - joy, freedom, love, clarity, connection, we celebrate life.
In a safe and sacred space, with non-judgement, no right or wrong way to move, no steps to follow, bare footed and eyes closed, finding our own rhythm, we open our hearts up to a journey of self-discovery, leaving the mind behind, we become the witness, moving through and releasing stuck energy, freeing trapped emotions, releasing stress, freeing ourselves from the shackles of the ego, energising and revitalising our body, we move into the presence of NOW.
The dance is in five stages:
- Warm up – gently loosening and relaxing the body through movement and breath.
- Shake – a powerful shaking technique, drawing energy up through the energy centres, helping to release stuck energy, igniting our life force in preparation for the deeper let go stage.
- Let go – with eyes closed and using a powerful breathing technique you will move beyond the chattering mind enabling you to access deeper states of awareness and being. Moving through layers, surrendering, becoming total and present, a journey of self-love and discovery.
- Stillness – stopping and dropping to the floor, relaxing and allowing for integration of your experience – with crystal bowl sound healing.
- Grounding – a simple meditation to gently bring you back to reality, and everyday life – tea and bliss balls.
About Tara Carr
Tara is the founder of ‘Expressive Alchemy’ exploring art and dance as a pathway to healing and wholeness. An Ecstatic Awakening Dance teacher qualifying in 2010 with Amoda Maa Jeevan, a Painting from the Source facilitator with Aviva Gold (2009) and a Shamanic practitioner qualifying in 2012 with Northern Drum. Tara is deepening her skills and passion for healing and earth-based teachings and is currently on a three year shamanic training with her former teacher Chris Luttichau, Northern Drum.
Tara has 25 years of experience in the creative arts and has worked extensively within the community and schools. Tara is passionate about holding space for ecstatic dance and the expressive arts as a pathway to healing and wholeness, awakening the body, heart and soul to the joy of life, love, freedom and presence.
With warmth, passion and a sense of playfulness, Tara gently guides and invites you to surrender, to trust the process and dive deep within, creating a safe and sacred space to step beyond your limitations and connect with spirit.